Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Shooting (Don't Listen to Me)

You want to be a shooter? There's no such animal as a great shooter with bad form, but I see players who won't change from poor form. Nowadays, with everyone with camera phones, I don't get it. 


I teach 'elbow in' and 'squeeze the elbows together'. I used to use shoelaces tied together and looped around the player's elbows to make the point. Everyone probably thought I was crazy. At the end of the shot prep, your elbow points at the rim (if you want to make shots). 


Kevin Eastman, one of my coaching idols, teaches '6 boards' and 'ten toes to the rim'. 



Get your head right. Get your form right. 

Pete Maravich reviews technique. 



You cannot shoot your best without binocular vision. Check for the "open window".