Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2016

Event Response

Coach Starkey shares some gems from Urban Meyer. I'm conflicted about Meyer, who has achieved great success at OSU but also owns bad history from his Florida program. 

But we can celebrate parts of his process. 

Highlights: 



This is a slide screaming "Process". Response embeds learning, planning, preparation, practice, decision-making, and execution. 

We can look inside the subtexts of Meyer's R's: 

1) What does my team need now? (Applies equally to players and coaches)

2) What is my attitude and self-talk? Am I preaching success or defeat? 

3) How can I exceed the challenge? 

4) What habits can I improve (practice, time management, study)?

5) If we are to be 'special', why? 

6) Am I willing to pay the price for greatness? 

We regularly hear people talk about their passion about something. What do they mean? Is it lip service or does it radiate through their being. If someone could track our schedule, our habits (study, nutrition, exercise, decision-making process, execution of our job, time management) what would they take away? What do we care about? How do we demonstrate that?