Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Redemption - Basketball Quotes

Wisdom from one life often translates to other disciplines. The Shawshank Redemption isn't about basketball...or is it? 

                   

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Control what you can control. What happened yesterday belongs to yesterday. 

"I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain." Basketball season is upon us. 


"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane." Hope is not a plan. Basketball is about skills and execution. 


"Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time." Basketball is about pressure and time. Excellent teams apply and handle pressure. Excellent teams understand that figuring out pressure takes faith and patience (time). 


"I don't waste time on losers." You are what you believe you are. 


"Some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright." Players, no matter what our system, need to play freely. 


“Salvation lies within.” We determine our destiny with our attitude, choices, and effort.