We can't give players all the answers. We help them by inspiring them to ask better questions. Here are some ideas.
1. What specifically are you doing to improve TODAY? You can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually.
2. How are you making the TEAM better?
3. Why do you DESERVE to be on the floor?
4. How are WE going to be successful as a team?
5. How are we going to WEAR DOWN the opposition?
6. What is your GO TO and COUNTER move? (If you don't know, then you don't have them.)
7. Tell me how you have FOUR WAYS TO SCORE. Realistically.
8. How can you become a BETTER TEAMMATE?
9. Basketball is a mental game. How do you plan to SEE THE GAME better?
10.Basketball is a game of mistakes. How can we REDUCE MISTAKES? Do you continually commit the same errors?
11.Are you INVESTING TIME or SPENDING it?
12.Coaches look for players with ELITE size, athleticism, and skill. If you lack size, what are you doing to compensate?