Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Favorite Horns Sets

A few readers have asked more about 'Horns'.

First, why do I like it? 

-Well-defined spacing
-Opens the middle
-No 'native' help side 
-Many options available 
-I "grew up" in a 1-4 high culture and Horns is a variant

I have previously posted "can you run everything from Horns?" which was a popular post showing the 'variety' of Horns actions. 

Here are a couple of other actions I like. There are an almost infinite number. 


Slice cut 
Backscreen into rescreen option


Get 5. I'm thinking this was a Brendan Suhr action. 

And I like to put (personnel dependent) a strong driver into the 5 spot and go isolation.


The initial set reminds me of the NFL adage that you use formations to develop ideas about how the defense responds and movement to get the matchups you want. Bon appetit!