Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Find the Same Page with SLOBs

I have a 'stable' of about ten side line out of bounds (SLOB) plays that I have in my mind. I'll be that our players can name two. That doesn't mean ignorance or indifference, but different priorities and schema regarding basketball development. All that matters for execution is what THEY know. 

First, everything offensively evolves from SPACING, CUTTING, SCREENING, and PASSING. 

Here's a play I've seen presented before that sets up multiple possibilities


Multiple inbounding options are presented. If 2 is a scorer, then she has both a perimeter shot or a drive option. You could also run a continuation option by bringing 5 across for a high pick-and-roll (not shown). You could also run a "Flex" look by cutting 3 back off 4, and then downscreening 5 on 4 (set one, get one). 

We cannot expect players to see the game initially, but our responsibility lies in giving them the exposure and tools to 'get it.'