Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Partial List of Coaching Profiles: Ron Sen Blog

I've profiled successful coaches periodically. For some, I've just annotated interviews or podcasts. 

The list isn't designed for inclusiveness or ranking. I study coaches that I find intriguing or different. As for original ideas...they did that. 

In the pros, the players are the product. In college, the players share the spotlight with coaches. 

Here's a partial list, which also reminds me about the many worth study that I haven't profiled - Red Auerbach, Pete Newell, Pat Summitt, Phil Jackson, Tara VanDerveer, Doc Rivers, Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams, Lefty Driesell, Jerry Tarkanian, Chuck Daly, Etorre Messina, Muffet McGraw, Scotty Bowman, Kevin Eastman, Dawn Staley, and so many more. 

So many coaches...so little time. Maybe your favorite isn't on the list...they might be great but not so fascinating to me...not naming names. 

Regardless, we have to be ourselves...and opinions are like, well, you know. 

Archie Miller

Chris Holtmann

Frank Martin

Jack Clark

Dean Smith

John Wooden

Tom Izzo

Shaka Smart

Gregg Popovich

Bob Knight

Geno Auriemma

Bill Belichick

Don Showalter

George Raveling podcast highlights

Dale Brown

Dwayne Casey

Don Meyer

Dana Altman

Anson Dorrance

Brad Stevens