Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2017

Fast Five: Wisdom from Arnold




Be eclectic. Draw from the rich resources all around us. 

In his foreword to Tim Ferriss' Tools of Titans (Tim describes this as recipes for high performance), Arnold Schwarzenegger shares timeless wisdom. 

1. "I am not a self-made man. I got a lot of help...My life was built on a foundation of parents, coaches, and teachers; of kind souls who lent couches or gym back rooms where I could sleep; of mentors who shared wisdom and advice."

2. "To accept that mantle discounts every person and every piece of advice that got me here. And it gives the wrong impression-that you can do it alone." 

3. "I have never been shy about seeking wisdom from others to pour fuel on my fire." 

4. "Whether it's a morning routine or a philosophy or training tip, or just motivation to get through your day,  there isn't a person on this planet who doesn't benefit from a little outside help." 

5. "The worst thing that you can do is think that you know enough. Never stop learning. Ever."