Total Pageviews

Friday, April 3, 2020

Smartest Thing on a Court? If a Basketball Could Talk...



Talking babies and dogs grab our attention. But what about a talking basketball? 

"I'm the smartest thing on the court. I find the best players-shooter, passer, rebounder."

"Don't let her steal me." Protect the ball.  

"What's with the catch and dribble?" Don Kelbick says, "think shot first." There's no shut up and dribble.

"You're dribbling the air out of me." They don't pay by the bounce. 

"I can't come to you if I can't see you." The ball is a camera.

"You don't own me; find an open player." Pass. 

"I love the feel of going through the net." Not the brick house... 

"If you want me, dive on the floor." I want you to want me. 

"Good players need two dribbles; excellent players need one; elite players don't have to bounce me." 

"Earn my respect." Play with purpose.

"Block out if you want me."  

"I'm gold. Don't you want me."



Lagniappe: Screen the middle of the zone. 
Lagniappe 2: Designating screening to get a three