Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Basketball: Training Across Disciplines...Sheila E, Springsteen, Stevens' SLOBs



Learn and teach across disciplines. That's how we change lives. 

The only drumsticks in my house can't be used on TOMs or cymbals. But in Lesson 8 from Sheila E's MasterClass she informs the value of Training and Conditioning. 

"Musicians are like athletes."

"It's really important to run and exercise." 

"When you get older, recovery takes longer."

"Be aware of what you eat and drink."


"Recovery is harder, recovery has to be faster." 

"Play full out, so that you're training yourself to be ready (for stage)." 

"I don't want anyone to be thinking...play from your heart."

"We've done the homework...that allows you to create." 

"I'm expecting everyone to give the same level that I'm giving." 



"If they're not rising to the occasion, then they shouldn't be in the band." 

"...and then I tore this muscle (rotator cuff)..." 

"I changed the way I played (to avoid injury)...have more control." 

"This is going to be exciting...we're going to change people's lives." 

Lagniappe: I know someone who's been to nineteen Springsteen concerts, because the band gives it their all every night. 




Lagniappe 2: SLOB packages from Brad Stevens' Celtics