Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Nuanced Questions for Coaches and a Bonus

We might agree that our job is to help players get where they cannot go alone. But we'd probably have many different paths along that journey. I offer up some rhetorical questions that we probably ask ourselves. 

Is my preparation, communication, and teaching adding both clarity and value?

Do players understand their role AND feel valued? 

What does my team need NOW? 

How do we intend to 'wear down' our opponents? 

What strengths can we leverage? (How can we dominate our 'lane'?) 

What is our culture and how are we protecting it? 

How can I simplify the game for players? 

Am I giving necessary and helpful feedback? 

Am I gathering feedback confirming that players understand our philosophy, emphasis, and priorities? 

Are we building a program or a statue? 

I'm working on laminated notecards that I want players to carry or use as bookmarks.