Total Pageviews

Friday, January 20, 2017

Fast Five Quotes: Kevin Rose

Regular readers know that one of my core principles is interdisciplinary translation. That is, lessons from business, medicine, education, sports, et cetera apply between each other. 

Kevin Rose is an angel investor who has repeatedly succeeded, with belief in concepts and Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Finding 'early adopters' is a key, just as Simon Sinek has discussed individuals and organizations who can touch our "why?" button. 


1. Good followership catalyzes good leadership. We need to be able to delegate and that requires mutual trust. 

2. "I love well-designed products that combine form and functionality." Excellent teams have an "it" factor. You know "it" when you see "it". They combine purpose and execution. For example, who doesn't know the "iPad" or "Keurig"?

3. "Founders: there is no shame in failing, take pride in that you have the guts to try something new." That reminds me of the Bon Jovi lyrics in Just Older, "you can't win unless you're not afraid to lose." We have to play to win. 

4. "One of the things that I've always loved to do is brainstorm ideas with friends and get together and talk about what they're building..."  This piggybacks on my core value, "share something great." Adopt the best practices and ideas that you hear. Transform it if you can make it better and make it your own. 

5. "If you believe in something, work nights and weekends, it won't feel like work." I want to remember David Cottrell's quote from Monday Morning Leadership, "the main thing is the main thing". That reminds me that the subtitle of my book is "The Game is for the Players." As a coach I need to add value constantly, for the team and the coaches.