Total Pageviews

Friday, January 1, 2016

Ranger Wisdom

Comments from the "Rangers are Focused" chapter in No Excuse Leadership by Brace Barber:

"I was there until the end; I was not going to quit, get injured, or let myself fail." (Comment: maximum commitment)

"It is important to take responsibility for yourself at Ranger School, and afterward as a leader...my vision for myself included the people around me."

"Do what is right at Ranger School. Think, "Take my eyes off myself and put them on other people." (Comment: teamwork makes missions)

"If you are a hard worker as a follower and you help people out, people know you are sincere and they can count on you. Then, when you need them, they will be there for you."

"Say goodbye to your predictable and comfortable workday."

"I do know that if you show up to a gunfight with a knife, you lose. You want to show up to a gunfight with a tank and four friends."

"If my team's task is not completed on time and under budget, my client will fail to make payroll. They'll have to layoff 12 people, all of whom have young children, and are three months behind on their rent. They'll be evicted, their children will go hungry, and it'll all be my fault." (Comment: Rangers understand the consequences of failure)