Total Pageviews

Friday, June 2, 2017

Favorite Quotes



Favorite quotes don't converge with "best quotes". Favorite implies personal. Sometimes they're other peoples quotes, sometimes our own. Mostly, they speak for themselves. I hope that you'll share some of yours. 

"Share something great."

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda, in The Empire Strikes Back

"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heav'n in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour." 
                   - William Blake

"I believe in you." 

"I'm pleased, but I'm not satisfied." - Sonny Lane, my high school basketball coach

"You can't win 'til you're not afraid to lose." - Jon Bon Jovi, in Just Older

"The magic is in the work." 

"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur 

"Trust the process." 


"The game honors toughness." (Often attributed to Brad Stevens, but I think I've read that Don Meyer said it earlier.) 

"Negative comments about others usually say more about us than the other person." Often, they cannot control who they are or what they do. What's my excuse? 

"Be the positive dog." (Jon Gordon has written a series of inspiring books including Soup, The Hard Hat, Training Camp, The Energy Bus, You Win in the Locker Room First, and The Positive Dog)

"The summit is not the only place on the mountain." We should understand that the greatest risk often occurs near the summit and the final few hundred feet has cost many their lives.